Friday, February 24, 2012

Publishing Update: "The Termite Queen" Has Now Been Uploaded on CreateSpace

I'm awaiting the proof copy.  It's supposed to arrive about March 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come sooner.  The price is going to be higher than I would like because I took the Expanded Distribution Channel, but I do want to have all possible avenues of sales.  In the meantime, I'll work on getting the Kindle version ready.  I do hope, however, that you'll think about buying the paperback because that cover is going to be stunning, if I do say so myself!  And you'll get the true version of the conlangs when you read the book in print. 

I'll also keep publishing chapters on this blog.  The next one (Monday's) is going to be posted on the main page (in this spot) because I want to enter a link to it in http://thirdsundaybc.com/.  Are any of you familiar with that website?  They prefer their material in a main post.

And after that, I'll start working over the second volume.  I have to find a couple of replacement epigraphs, do a bit of revision to make sure some changes that I made are in the version I publish, and write a synopsis of v. 1.  And then I'll have to insert it in the CreateSpace template.

I also have to draw the cover.  I've started it, but unfortunately it has a view of the termite fortress, which means endless depictions of stones in the wall and each stone has to be a little different.  I've done some drawings where I just made a bunch of intersecting lines to suggest stones, but since this one is going to be printed, I don't want to take shortcuts!  It's really tedious.  I should do a couple of rows of stones every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment